You can check your UIF (Unemployment Insurance Fund) claim status through the following steps:
- Visit the official website of the Department of Employment and Labour in South Africa at www.labour.gov.za.
- Click on the “UIF” tab on the top menu and then click on “UIF Claims” on the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down and click on “How to check your UIF Claim status” or “Click Here”.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you can enter your ID number and the captcha code.
- Click on the “Submit” button to check your UIF claim status.
Alternatively, you can also check your UIF claim status by calling the UIF call centre at 0800 030 007 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s important to note that you will need your UIF reference number to check your claim status, which you should have received when you submitted your claim. If you don’t have your reference number, you can request it by calling the UIF call centre or sending an email to the above-mentioned address.