Tshwane University of Technology Bursaries Details 2024
Financial aid is any funding that assist to finance your university expenses. This aid usually comes from a variety of sources and include funding offered to undergraduate and post graduate students from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) funding or bursaries, scholarships and loans from external sources.
The Directorate of Financial Aid has as its core business the responsibility to manage and administer various student funding opportunities to deserving students according to sponsor specific requirement. Our goal is to ensure that eligible students across campuses have the opportunity to have access to these funds. We endeavour to allocate this through a transparent and equitable application and assessment process.
Academic Merit Bursaries from the University
Merit Bursaries are allocated to a range of students from first time entering students to undergraduate students. Its intention is to attract and retain quality students through the rewarding of prior or current performance excellence of academic and non-academic nature.
Academic Merit Bursary for New Entrant First-year Students
- These bursaries are made available to newcomer students who enrol for a National Diploma or BTech at the University for the first time after Grade 12.
- Only South African citizens may apply for these bursaries.
- Students who enrol for special courses, short learning programs and Foundation programs do not qualify for these bursaries.
- A student only qualifies for the bursary if he/ she register for all the modules of a specific course.
- Students who have studied at other Universities and students who have already studied at the University and who are undergraduate students again, do not qualify for these bursaries
- Eligibility is determined by the average percentage of the rating score obtained on the Grade 12 certificate. Only the six subjects with the highest rating shall be taken into consideration (excluding Life Orientation)