Your first payment will be paid into your bank account within two to four days after you have signed the register.
Make sure you are aware of your future signing dates – they are printed on your UI-6A forms. Signing dates will be approximately four weeks apart. You will have to hand in the relevant UI-6A form every time you attend, so make sure you have it with you. Note that your application may be delayed and not yet processed by the date of your first signing. It is recommended that you call the relevant labour centre the day before going to the signing venue to ensure that your application has been processed. If your application has not yet been processed you do not need to go to the signing. Ask for the date of the next signing.
HOW MUCH WILL I BE PAID?
The amount that you will be paid will depend on the amount of your monthly salary when you were employed.
Workers who earned less than R12 478 per month will receive approximately 36-56% of their average monthly salary for the previous four years; the higher the salary, the lower the percentage.
Workers who earned more than R12 478 per month will receive a fixed monthly benefit of approximately R4250-R4550.
How long you will be eligible to receive UIF payments depends on the length of time that you have contributed to the fund. You are eligible to receive one day’s worth of benefits for every six days that you had worked and contributed to the UIF over the previous four years. The maximum number of days you can claim for is 238.
More Information on UIF
- Can I claim UIF online?
- Check UIF Status
- What is the maximum UIF payment?
- When can you claim UIF?
- Can I claim UIF if I resigned?
- Who must pay UIF?
- How long does UIF take to pay out after signing?
- Does UIF pay lump sum?
- Do directors pay UIF?
- Why is my UIF claim rejected?
- Can I claim UIF if I retire South Africa?
- Are you allowed to resign with immediate effect?
- Can I claim UIF if my husband died?
- How much UIF will I receive?
- Is UIF taxable?
- Is UIF calculated on gross or basic salary?
- How long does maternity benefit take to process?
- How many months does UIF pay for maternity leave?
- How is UIF calculated?
- What happens to my UIF contributions if I resign?
- What forms are needed to claim UIF?
- How do I register for UIF?
- What is the retirement age in South Africa?
- Does UIF expire?
- Is UIF calculated before or after tax?
- Is UIF paid on overtime?
- Does bonus have UIF?
- When should I apply for maternity pay?
- How does maternity leave pay work?
- Can I claim UIF after 2 years?