All of the information and connections concerning the Namibia University of Science and Technology can be found here. To return to this page, navigate the links and use your browser’s back button.
WHEN TO APPLY
The closing date for all applications except application through Mature Age Entry Scheme is 31 August. The closing date for applications through the Mature Age Entry Scheme is 31 July. Applicants will be notified in writing as soon as possible after the closing date whether their applications for admission have been successful or not.
•The NUST offers Full-time, Part-time,Distance Education, and extra-curricular programs.
•The NUST is a vibrant institution of higher learning, with about 11,000 students enrolled.
•The medium of instruction is English. The institution offers opportunities for international exchanges.
•Three hostels on campus provide a bed-capacity of 429 to both male and female full-time students.
•The NUST also offers a wide range of sports and recreational activities.
Admission is based on completion of Grade 12 or equivalent qualification: Prospective students should have a matriculation certificate or equivalent, with a maximum of 6 qualifying subjects, which must yield a score of at least 25 points. A candidate should obtain an E symbol or better in English.
CERTIFIED COPIES OF DOCUMENTS THAT MUST ACCOMPANY YOUR APPLICATION ARE:
- Identity Document or Birth Certificate (Namibian Citizens);
- Passport (non-Namibian citizens);
- If applying manually, proof of payment (e.g. original bank deposit slip);
- Latest school results eg. Namibian Senior Secondary Certificate (NSSC), August results (current grade 12 learners);
- Declaration and Undertaking. If you are under the age of 18, the form must be co-signed by a legal guardian or parent;
- Reference letter from employer(s) – Applicable to Mature Age Entry Scheme applicants only;
- Certified copies of qualification(s) e.g. diploma, degree etc., Academic Record/Transcripts and complete syllabi – for Postgraduate or Advanced Standing Applicants;
- Latest qualification in original language and a translation in English, if the qualification is in a language other than English; a NQA Evaluation of the qualification, if it is obtained outside the SADC Region – Foreign Applicants