How to transfer my registration to the HPCSA from another country

Transferring your registration to the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) from another country involves a process that varies depending on your specific profession and qualifications. However, the general steps to transfer your registration are as follows:

  1. Determine eligibility: Check if your profession is regulated by the HPCSA and whether your qualifications meet the council’s requirements for registration. You can find this information on the HPCSA website or by contacting them directly.
  2. Contact the HPCSA: Reach out to the HPCSA to inquire about the specific requirements and documentation needed for transferring your registration. They will provide you with the necessary forms and guidance on the process.
  3. Submit documentation: Prepare all required documents, which typically include certified copies of your qualifications, transcripts, proof of identity, professional conduct certificates, and any other supporting documents as specified by the HPCSA.
  4. Evaluation of qualifications: Your qualifications will be evaluated by the HPCSA to determine their equivalence to the South African standards. This evaluation may take some time, so be prepared to wait for a response.
  5. Register with a professional board: The HPCSA is divided into different professional boards, each responsible for a specific healthcare profession. Once your qualifications are deemed equivalent, you will need to register with the appropriate professional board for your specific profession.
  6. Pay registration fees: There are registration fees associated with transferring your registration to the HPCSA. Make sure to pay the required fees as per their guidelines.
  7. Await approval: After submitting all required documentation and fees, you will need to wait for the HPCSA to review your application and grant you approval for registration.
  8. Update your status: Once approved, your registration status will be updated, and you will be allowed to practice your profession in South Africa under the regulations of the HPCSA.