To apply for UIF payout online, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the Department of Employment and Labour in South Africa at www.labour.gov.za.
- Click on the “Unemployment Insurance Fund” tab on the top of the page and select “UIF COVID-19 TERS” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “Apply for UIF COVID-19 TERS” button.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions before proceeding.
- Fill out the online application form with your personal details, employment information, bank details, and reason for applying for UIF.
- Upload all the necessary supporting documents, such as your ID, proof of job termination or loss of income due to COVID-19, and proof of bank account.
- Once you have filled out all the necessary information, submit your application.
- You will receive an SMS or email confirming receipt of your application, along with a reference number to track the progress of your application.
- The Department of Employment and Labour will process your application and notify you of the outcome. If your application is approved, you will receive your UIF payout directly into your bank account.
It’s important to note that the application process may differ depending on the reason for your job loss and the type of UIF benefit you are applying for. You can also contact the UIF call centre at 0800 030 007 for more information or assistance with your application.