How much is 1% of UIF?

The Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) contribution rate is currently set at 1% of your gross salary, with an additional 1% contributed by your employer, resulting in a total contribution of 2% of your gross salary.

To calculate 1% of your gross salary for UIF contribution purposes, you simply need to divide your gross salary by 100 and then multiply the result by 1. For example, if your gross salary is R20,000 per month, 1% of your gross salary for UIF purposes would be R200 (R20,000 ÷ 100 x 1).