You can check the status of your Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) claim to determine if it has been approved by following these steps:
- Visit the official website of the Department of Employment and Labour in South Africa at https://www.labour.gov.za/.
- Click on the “Online Services” tab on the menu bar.
- Select “UIF services” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose “Check your UIF Status” from the list of services provided.
- Enter your South African ID number and the captcha code, and then click “Submit”.
- If your claim has been approved, the status will show as “Finalized” or “Paid”.
If your claim has not been approved, the status may show as “Pending” or “In Progress”. You may need to follow up with the Department of Employment and Labour to find out why your claim has not been approved and what you can do to resolve any issues or concerns.
You can also contact the UIF call center at 0800 030 007 to check the status of your claim or for further assistance.