If you are eligible for Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) benefits and would like to request payment online, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the Department of Employment and Labour website at https://www.labour.gov.za/
- Click on the “UIF” tab on the main menu, then select “UIF Online Services” from the dropdown menu.
- Select “Benefit Payments” and click on “Continue.”
- Enter your ID number and password, then click on “Login.” If you have not registered on the portal before, you will need to create an account first by clicking on “Register” and following the prompts.
- Once you are logged in, select “Apply for Benefits” from the available options.
- Follow the prompts to provide the necessary information, including your personal details, employment history, and banking details.
- Once you have submitted your application, you should receive an email or SMS confirming that your application has been received.
- Your application will then be processed, and if approved, you should receive your UIF benefits via electronic funds transfer (EFT) into your bank account.
It is important to note that the processing time for UIF benefit payments can vary, and it may take several days or even weeks for your application to be approved and for the payment to be processed. If you have any issues with requesting UIF payment online, you can contact the UIF call center at 0800 030 007 for assistance.