University of Venda NSFAS 2024 Details
Students who wish to apply for financial assistance must do so as soon as possible. A National Means Test for NSFAS loans will determine the amount payable by each student. The expected family contribution will differ for individual students, depending on his/her unique circumstances.
The National Means Test will take the following into consideration:
- Academic performance during the year.
- Annual family income – supportive documentation needs to be submitted in this regard.
- Actual cost of study for the academic year.
Applicants will know about the outcome of their applications by the second week after reopening for the first term. Students whose applications are not successful should register with the normal initial amount payable by all other students.
For more info visit http://www.nsfas.org.za
Unisa NSFAS Details 2024
NSFAS loans and bursaries
National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a statutory body, funded primarily by the South African National Department of Education and Training, which provides study loans to academically able but financially needy students who wish to study at one of South Africa’s public institutions of higher education.
What is a NSFAS loan?
A NSFAS loan is an award that a student can receive from NSFAS upon applying and qualifying for such loan. This loan has to be repaid with interest (interest of each year is linked to the national inflation rate). A maximum award size is determined for each year by NSFAS. A portion of this award can be converted into a bursary based on academic performance. The size of this bursary is determined by the number of courses which the student has passed. A 100% pass rate will result in a 40% bursary rebate on this NSFAS loan.
NSFAS Loan Criteria:
- Only South African students studying at public South African Higher Education Institutions;
- Undergraduate student studying towards a first higher education qualification;
- Studying for a postgraduate course which is a requirement to practice his/her chosen profession (e.g. Post-graduate Certificate in Education);
- Any postgraduate degree except, MBA, MBL, DBA or DBL;
- Student must be able to demonstrate potential for academic success and that he/she is financially needy;
- Application form has to be fully and correctly completed;
- All required documentation need to be submitted upon application;
- Must apply before the closing date as published on the NSFAS webpage www.nsfas.org.za
What is a NSFAS bursary?
A variety of NSFAS bursaries exist, each with its own criteria. A NSFAS bursary is an award that a student receives upon application for such funding. This bursary award does not have to be repaid, if the student however does not wish to adhere to the bursary conditions such bursary is reverted to a loan. This loan will have to be repaid with interest. Please visit the undergraduate bursary page for individual bursary criteria.
NSFAS Post-graduate Loan
This loan has been made available to students studying towards a post-graduate qualification. Students who are financially needy and who are progressing academically can apply for this funding. Closing date for applications: End of September every year.
Please visit www.nsfas.org.za for application.
The Directorate administers donor funds, in the form of study loans and bursaries, according to donors’ criteria. Our main aim is to assist financially needy and academically deserving students. We are proud of the fact that the Directorate has empowered a large number of students from different Colleges and diverse geographical groups. Our vision is to be a beacon of great hope and excellence to our clients.
Our mission is to effectively and efficiently administer all funding at our disposal by ensuring that every stakeholder, particularly students and donors, receive high-quality service from a committed and professional DSF team.
DAC Linguistics bursary:
- Who can apply:
Students registered for a BA, BAHons or Masters degree in:
- African Languages
- Language Practice
- What does the bursary cover:
The bursary covers:
- Academic Essentials
- When can I apply:
Applications are currently open. Please download the application form (attached) for completion and submit to:
Applications close on 10 January 2024.
- NSFAS loans (incl. Historic debt loan & Post-graduate loan )
- SAIFM/IMARA bursary
- Bursary will fund senior BCOM students for completion of the Registered Person’s Examaination with SAIFM (South African Institute of Financial Markets)
- Senior students in Financial and/or Economic disciplines are invited to apply for funding. Criteria for consideration:
- Financially needy
- Proven Academic record
- Residing in identified countries (Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Seychelles)
- Have passed at least 200 credits towards intended degree
- Major in Finance and/or Economics
- Application form SAIFM/Imara
- Directorate of Student Funding brochure (PDF: 390.82Kb)
- Bursaries undergraduate
- For alternative bursaries please click here http://bursaries-southafrica.co.za/anglo-platinum-ltd-bursaries/
- Special funding opportunity for early to mid-stage African doctoral students (PDF: 74 kb)
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University NSFAS
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University NSFAS 2024
… still at school and figuring out how to fund further studies?
… currently studying and needing funds to further your studies?
… a young adult wanting to study but needing financial assistance?
… an employer looking for a way for employees’ children to have brighter futures?
NSFAS PROVIDES FINANCIAL AID TO SOUTH AFRICAN STUDENTS USING FUNDS PROVIDED MAINLY BY GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS AND PUBLIC ENTITIES. NSFAS PROVIDES BILLIONS IN LOANS AND BURSARIES TO STUDENTS AT PUBLIC FET COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES.
SOME FACTS ABOUT THE NSFAS LOAN
- NSFAS loans are for students who are financially needy.
- The size of the loan is determined by a means test as prescribed by NSFAS.
- Only students who are South African citizens and accepted by NMMU to do a first tertiary qualification (full-time), and students who are intending to register for specific post-graduate courses i.e. PGCE
First years and senior new applicants
2024 Applications for NSFAS is currently open until 20 January 2024: To apply online, go to: http://www.nsfas.org.za/content/loans.html
CONTINUING NSFAS STUDENTS
If you are a returning student funded by NSFAS in 2024, you must not apply again. NSFAS has your details and will get your results from the university.
If you are a returning student who did not receive NSFAS funding in 2024 or before, please apply online.
NOTE: THE NSFAS APPLICATION ABOVE APPLIES ONLY TO PROSPECTIVE AND CURRENT NELSON MANDELA METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY (NMMU) STUDENTS. SHOULD YOU WISH TO APPLY FOR NSFAS IN OTHER ACADEMIC INSTITUTION, PLEASE CONTACT THE FINANCIAL AID OFFICE OF THAT UNIVERSITY YOU ARE INTENDING TO STUDY AT.
University of Johannesburg NSFAS
University of Johannesburg NSFAS 2024 Details
NSFAS Approved Students
- Continuing students approved as at 16 Jan 2024
- All 2024 NSFAS UJ returning post graduate students and new 2024 NSFAS UJ post graduate students must apply manually at any UJ campus Financial Aid office this includes students that appear on the approval list (09 January 2024) application forms can be downloaded from www.nsfas.org.za.Please note that the applications are now open and the closing date is the 13th January 2024.
- NSFAS Unfunded 2024
- The NSFAS appeals applications are now open from the 20th January 2024 to the 3rd February 2024. For more information please click on the link below.
- NSFAS Appeal Form 2024
- Appeal Process 2024
NSFAS Application 2024 Online
- NSFAS applications for 2024 will open on the 1st of August 2024 (closing date is the 30th of November 2024). Please note that there will be two application cycles:
- 1st Cycle: 1st of August to the 30th November 2024: Students entering university for the first time in 2024 including 2024 grade 12 learners can apply;
- 2nd Cycle: 1st of September to the 30th November 2024: All university students who were not funded by NSFAS in 2024 can apply.
- NSFAS applications for 2024 are strictly online at my.nsfas.org.za
- Students who were not funded in 2024 must apply online and upload the applicable documentation, regardless of any previous applications.
- Students must register on the NSFAS website to confirm if they need to apply for 2024 or not. This can be done from the 1st of September 2024 at my.nsfas.org.za
- Funding for 2024 will still be dependent on academic results. Not having to apply for 2024 because you were funded in 2024 does not guarantee funding for 2024.
- Additional facilities will be provided to assist students with online applications for those without access.
- Facilities will be available on APB from the 1st of August 2024.
- Prospective students that need to make use of the facilities are requested to ensure that they bring all the necessary documentation to apply. Access to the campus will only be granted on presentation of a valid ID.
- Parents / guardians that accompany prospective students will also be requested to present a valid ID to get access to the campus.
- All applicants must have a cell phone on hand in order to receive the ONE TIME PIN.
- Unfortunately parking facilities will not be available on campus.
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences NSFAS
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences NSFAS Details 2024
All students who will register at public universities/ TVET colleges for the first time in 2024 and need financial support, can now apply directly to NSFAS for financial assistance. If you are studying at a university or TVET and have been funded by NSFAS in 2024, you do not need to re-apply for funding for 2024.