Yes, you can check the status of your Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) claim online. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Visit the Department of Employment and Labour website at https://www.labour.gov.za/
- Click on the “UIF” tab on the main menu, then select “UIF Online Services” from the dropdown menu.
- Select “Benefit Payments” from the available options and click on “Continue.”
- Enter your ID number and password, then click on “Login.” If you have not registered on the portal before, you will need to create an account first by clicking on “Register” and following the prompts.
- Once you are logged in, you should see a dashboard with various options. Select “My Claims” to view the status of your UIF claim.
You should be able to see the current status of your UIF claim on the page, including whether it is approved, pending, or rejected. If you have any issues accessing your claim status online, you can contact the UIF call center at 0800 030 007 for assistance.