Yes, you can check your UIF (Unemployment Insurance Fund) balance by logging into the UIF portal on the Department of Labour’s website. Here’s how:
- Go to the Department of Labour website at www.labour.gov.za.
- Click on the “UIF Services” link in the “Online Services” menu.
- Select “Login” to access the UIF portal.
- Enter your username and password to log in. If you haven’t registered yet, you can register as a new user by clicking the “Register” button and following the prompts.
- Once you are logged in, you will be able to view your UIF balance and other details related to your UIF account.
It’s important to note that your UIF balance will only reflect the contributions you have made to the UIF and any interest earned on those contributions. It does not include any UIF benefits that you may be eligible to claim. To check the status of any UIF claims you have submitted, you will need to log in to the UIF portal and check the relevant section.