Auto insurance is a necessary expense for any vehicle owner, and there are many options to choose from when it comes to selecting a provider. Allstate Auto Insurance is one of the largest providers in the United States, and it offers a wide range of coverage options for drivers. In this guide, we’ll take a closer look at Allstate Auto Insurance and what sets it apart from other providers.
History and Reputation
Allstate Auto Insurance was founded in 1931 and is currently headquartered in Northfield Township, Illinois. The company is a subsidiary of Allstate Corporation, which also provides insurance for homes, businesses, and life. Allstate has a strong reputation for financial stability, earning an A+ rating from A.M. Best for its financial strength and stability.
Allstate also has a strong reputation for customer service. The company has been recognized by J.D. Power for customer satisfaction and has received high ratings from other customer review websites.
Allstate Auto Insurance offers a wide range of coverage options, including liability, collision, and comprehensive coverage. Liability coverage is required by law in most states and covers damages and injuries you may cause to others while driving your vehicle. Collision coverage covers damage to your vehicle caused by a collision, while comprehensive coverage covers non-collision events such as theft, fire, and natural disasters.
Allstate also offers additional coverage options, including:
- Personal injury protection (PIP): Covers medical expenses and lost wages for you and your passengers in the event of an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: Covers damages and injuries you may sustain in an accident caused by a driver who does not have insurance or does not have enough insurance to cover the damages.
- Roadside assistance: Covers the cost of towing and other services if your vehicle breaks down or you get locked out of your car.
- Rental reimbursement: Covers the cost of a rental car if your vehicle is being repaired after an accident.
Allstate Auto Insurance offers several discounts to help drivers save money on their premiums. Some of the most common discounts include:
- Multi-policy discount: If you have other insurance policies with Allstate, such as home or life insurance, you may qualify for a discount.
- Safe driver discount: If you have a clean driving record, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Good student discount: If you are a student with good grades, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Anti-theft device discount: If your vehicle has an anti-theft device installed, you may qualify for a discount.
- Automatic payment discount: If you sign up for automatic payments, you may be eligible for a discount.
Allstate Auto Insurance is a well-established provider with a strong reputation for financial stability and customer service. The company offers a wide range of coverage options and discounts to help drivers save money on their premiums. If you are in the market for auto insurance, Allstate is definitely worth considering. However, as with any insurance provider, it’s important to shop around and compare quotes from multiple providers before making a final decision.