Application to operate a pharmacy is made by duly completing and submitting the prescribed application forms. (PA-I, PA-II and PA-III form).
1. Prospective applicant may obtain application forms from any of the Pharmacy Council offices.
2. Applicant shall then complete the forms appropriately and submit them (together with all relevant documents including documents from the RegistrarGeneral’s) to the Pharmacy Council office responsible for the area the applicant intends to operate. An application fee determined by the council is paid at the point of submission.
3. A site inspection will be done by officers of the regional offices of the Pharmacy Council after which a recommendation will be made to the Council.
4. If the application is approved by the Pharmacy Council the applicant shall be duly notified in writing and allowed six (6) months to prepare the premises for a final premises inspection.
5. The final inspection report is submitted to the Registrar and if the premises conforms to specifications and other conditions stated in Section 3.0 of this document, the applicant shall pay the prescribed registration fee for the issue of the licence. A Pharmacy Council certificate shall be issued for the commencement of the business.
6. The certificate issued in respect of the pharmacy shall include the name and registration number of the Superintendent Pharmacist.