• Register
Log In

Do you need help with Admissions, Recruitment, Scholarships, Jobs, Sexual Health, General Health or any other critical information then call Askmeghana on +233 501136056 to book appointment and talk to experts.

Welcome to Askmeghana. You can discuss any issues bothering you. We are here to help you solve all your problems and get the correct information you seek. Join the happy community.

Welcome to the Community!

26.4k questions

25k answers

47.3k users

2 Answers

1 vote
Hello Major,

Please it's best you go to the court to make more enquiries about the swearing of affidavit because i cannot give you the actual process and procedure you will have to go through and the cost involved in swearing the affidavit is around  ¢GH50.
0 votes

There are three steps for obtaining a legal name change in Ghana. To begin,

  1. a person must possess proof, such as a birth certificate, of their current name. With this evidence the person must then take it to swear an affidavit before the Commission of Oaths, at a Ghanaian court.

  2. Once this is done the individual must then go to the Office of the Judicial Secretary, where the affidavit is signed/endorsed.

  3. For the third and final step the individual must have the changed names published in the Ghanaian Gazette. It is only after the new name is gazetted that it is considered legally changed.

The Company authorized by the government of ghana to publish a gazette is Called Ghana Publishing Company. You can locate them on the Barnes Road, Adjacent Accra Polytechnic & directly opposite Novotel Hotel, Accra