Install the Askmeghana App (CAO Admissions) For Free. Questions are Answered Faster On the App. Click Here to Download from Play Store

in Employment/Jobs by
Is it necessary for those who just completed The Health Assistants Training School to Purchase their Posting forms at the Region where they completed school or they can purchase it at any Region of choice.

1 Answer

+1 vote
selected by
Best answer


According to the NMC, it is compulsory to purchase the forms in the region where you had your training.

Read the specific procedures below;


Upon passing the Council’s licensing examination, a Nurse Assistant, Nurse or Midwife would is required to go through the following procedure to be registered to practise legally in the country:
1.       Go to the Council’s Regional Office (the Region in which your institution of training is located).
2.       Present your Results Slip (Letter from the Council indicating that you have passed the licensing examination). You will be required to complete a Registration Form and pay a non-refundable Registration Fee.
3.       You will be issued with:
  A Log Book for rotation
  Provisional License and Code for National Service registration.
4.       After completing the Rotation/National Service, you would be required to return the Log Book and Provisional License to the Regional Office where you registered and await your PIN and Certificate of Registration.

The approved fees for Registration are follows:

Basic with Badge and Code of Professional Conduct and Ethics GHC 200
Post Basic (Code of Professional Conduct and Ethics added) GHC 200
Auxiliary (Code of Professional Conduct and Ethics added) GHC 170


Penalty for Late Registration

Six (6) months after release of Results. GHC 100
More than one year after release of Results. GHC 150
More than two years after release of Results. GHC 200
Moe than five years after release of Results. GHC 1,000
More than ten years after release of Results. GHC 2,000

Penalty for practising without collecting Certificate of Registration

After one year   GHC 100
After two years   GHC 200
After five years  GHC 500
After Ten years   GHC 1000
Practising without Badge GHC 100

Issuance of Professional Identification Number PIN and Auxiliary Identification Number (AIN)
The Council issues Professional Identification Numbers (PIN) to Nurses and Midwives upon completion of the Registration process.

Nurse Assistants are also issued with Auxiliary Identification Number (AIN) after registration.

Well Answered
I appreciate
Welcome to Askmeghana. You can discuss any issues bothering you. We are here to help you solve all your problems and get the correct information you seek. Join the happy community.

Welcome to the Community!

27.0k questions

25.6k answers

156k users