The Early Childhood Programme aims at:
• Enabling the Early Childhood Educator to know the meaning, nature, principles and foundations of Early Childhood Education.
• Enabling Early childhood educators understand the roles and functions of Early
Childhood teachers in the context of the emerging trends in child development.
• Exposing trainees to the techniques of handling specific Early Childhood subjects.
The programme is intended for:
• SHS Certificate Holders
• Teachers’ Certificate ‘A’ Holders
• Social Workers
• All who desire to be trained in the education of children at the pre-school level.
Job opportunities are available in:
• Early childhood education establishments
• Establishing and Managing Early Childhood Institutions Social Welfare Operations
• NGOs with particular interest in early childhood education and development
At least grade ‘C6’ in any three (3) electives.