ICT is very broad so it would be better if had stated what a teacher in ICT could do. Also do you want to know the benefits of ICT in relations to classroom learning or in relation to the teaching career and how it can help the individual ICT progress or get opportunities?
Below are the general benefits of ICT to a teacher
Benefits for teachers
Any computer related opportunities will not pass you by.
You will get more closer to the school administration since your ICT skills will be needed by them.
You will be the first to be consulted on any computer related issue that the school will like to offer.
You will be more closer to the students and understand them better.
· ICT facilitates sharing of resources, expertise and advice
· Greater flexibility in when and where tasks are carried out
· Gains in ICT literacy skills, confidence and enthusiasm.
· Easier planning and preparation of lessons and designing materials
· Access to up-to-date pupil and school data, any time and anywhere.
· Enhancement of professional image projected to colleagues.
· Students are generally more ‘on task’ and express more positive feelings when they use computers than when they are given other tasks to do.
· Computer use during lessons motivated students to continue using learning outside school hours.