Log In

Askmeghana is now on whatsapp. Join Askmeghana Central Applications Office Whatsapp Group for Admissions and Career Guidance and General Counseling <<< Contact 0556202845 / 0551699422

>>> Contact Central Applications Office Now for Admissions, Career Guidance, Jobs and Educational Issues Click Here to Apply!

Welcome to Askmeghana. You can discuss any issues bothering you. We are here to help you solve all your problems and get the correct information you seek. Join the happy community.

Welcome to the Community!

26.5k questions

25.2k answers

148k users

1 Answer

0 votes
Honesty you would have to add an 'AFFIDAVIT' which is a legal document declaring the change in name to the certificate. You would have to visit any Ghanaian court to apply for the Affidavit.
NB: the name on your birth certificate must correspond to which ever name you want to change to.


1.  A person must possess proof, such as a birth certificate, of their current name. With this evidence the person must then take it to swear an affidavit before the Commission of Oaths, at a Ghanaian court.

2.  Once this is done the individual must then go to the Office of the Judicial Secretary, where the affidavit is signed/endorsed.

3.  For the third and final step the individual must have the changed names published in the Ghanaian Gazette. It is only after the new name is gazetted that it is considered legally changed.

edited by
Please how much does it cost for an individual to make correction in the school certificate?