COMPLETION OF FORMS
Completion in full, terms 1-10 and 12 as in application form. The following explanations would help you:
• “SURNAME” This means your family name E.g. SARPONG
• “OTHER NAMES”
ie. Your PERSONAL names
eg. JONES or KOFI
Name known before marriage / change of family name.
“PROFESSION” Your occupation
eg. Teacher, doctor, public/civil servant etc.
(Not your title eg. Alhaji, Reverend etc.)
“SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER” – Do not fill in, if you so not have
“LAST EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION ATTENDED”
Complete if you have ever attended a school.
Ensure that your guarantor completes item 11a & b
Legal guardian /parents to complete this section for applicants less than 18 years.
Person filling in this item must complete in full and sign accordingly.
This must be completed in full by witness.
Affix your passport-sized photograph on the space provided.
Next to the picture, in the space provided, affix your right thumb print.
• Submit completed application form and all attachments in person to the nearest Immigration office in your locality.
• The Immigration officer-in-charge shall examine, in your presence, that your application form has been dully completed. Insist on this.
• Pay the processing fee of ¢100,000.00 or GH¢10.00 for fresh passports and ¢500,000 or GH¢50 .00 for replacement of lost passports and demand a receipt.
• The date of collection of passport shall be written on your payment receipt.
• Between the immigration office and the passport office your application will be processed for issue.
• The Passport Office shall inform you in writing if there are any queries with your application.
COLLECTION OF PASSPORT
• The Passport shall be ready for collection within 30 (thirty) days on submission of the application.
• Collect your Passport in person from the District or Regional Immigration Office in your region.
• Sign the relevant portion of the passport in the presence of the immigration officer during collection.
• The Passport Office in Accra is not a collection centre. Please note.
Erasure and whiting on application form are not allowed. Your application would be rejected
Exercise extreme caution in filling the forms as mistakes cannot be corrected once the passport has been issued.
• Used-up Pages and Damaged Passports: If you have used up your pages get anew passport. Attach the old passport to it. In case of a damaged passport with valid visa, apply for a new passport and thence to the Embassy concerned for a replacement visa.
• Change of Name/Status of a holder of a passport an only be effected in the Passport Office by the director of Passports. Do no temper with your passport or insert the names of your children yourself.
• Diplomatic and Service Passport. (Official Passport).
• Ecowas Travel Certificate.
• Collective Travel Certificate.
• Travel Documents for Refugees.
• Hajj Travel Certificate.
• Travel Documents to Stateless persons.
• Replacement of lost Passport.
• Change of Name/Status in Passport.
• Travel Documents for Medical cases/Minor and infants.