Install the Askmeghana App (CAO Admissions) For Free. Questions are Answered Faster On the App. Click Here to Download from Play Store

in Education by
Detail me,about how the teacher college graduates can further to university.
I learnt if you graduate with first class then you use the ttc first class and apply the university and do only 1 year and have your degree in teaching,that and 2 years in the university for second class upper to get degree.
That but the rest classes graduats will use their SHS result and apply the university doing the normal four years.

1 Answer

0 votes

Bigjoe, the information you were told is not true. If you hold a diploma degree from a teacher training college and you want to apply to the university, the 2 most obvious universities for teachers are UCC and UEW. The only thing you will need is a Higher National Diploma or its equivalence from previous field or area of study.and also Full-Time applicants must pass an interview. This is the general requirements. The better your diploma, the better your chances of getting admission. If a degree holder is applying for masters, then he or she must posses at least a second class lower degree in his or her relevant filed of study before he or she can apply. This generally does not apply to diploma persons who want to upgrade to degree. Finally whether you applied with first class upper or second class lower, the number of years you will spend at school is the same. The years for the first class is not shorter than second class and vice versa. I hope you understand.

It seem i dont understand.But bigup to you.
bigjoe, all what i said is that, once you have a diploma as a teacher, you can apply to a university with it. They don't consider any first class or second class. Thats all. If you have a degree already and you wanted to do your masters with it, then they will consider whether you had at least second class lower or not. If you don't understand, please ask again. i will explain till you understand.thanks.

Related questions

1 answer 153 views
1 answer 184 views
4 answers 400 views
Welcome to Askmeghana. You can discuss any issues bothering you. We are here to help you solve all your problems and get the correct information you seek. Join the happy community.

Welcome to the Community!

27.0k questions

25.6k answers

276k users